Each child is provided opportunities for personal growth through group involvement, creative activities, problem solving, self-control, and acceptance of responsibility. Circle time activities include stories, games, and conversational activities. Circle time provides opportunities for interaction among the children in a large group setting.
Teachers develop their curriculum by themes/units of study which include discovery activities, art projects, language games, Christian values, spiritual growth, and gross and fine motor skill activities:
- Home living—dramatic play and cooking activities
- Block—building and transportation
- Book—quiet area for individual use
- Art—various art mediums; easel
- Discovery—science activities
- Manipulative—games; eye-hand coordination; fine motor skills
Group time will depend on the unit of study and will include stories, music, games, and conversation. Group time provides opportunities for interaction among the children in a large group setting.